Sunday, December 17, 2006

I Heart Christmas in NYC


Aaaaahhh, I had an excellent day. Ok, first I know it was completely unjustified to take off shopping when I have papers due ;) But, I heard about the kaleidoscope show in Grand Central so I thought I'd check it out. Then I walked into Kenneth Cole. and guess what, there was a major sale on shoes - check them out, originally $150 and marked down all the way to $50!! I mean, that's a steal for any kind of shoe, let alone Kenneth Coles, and nice leather too. And I love the style. Omg, it was a coincidence but I come home and watch that episode of Sex & the City about 'secret single behaviour' - and here I was, walking around in my new heels in my apartment. hahaha

I also strolled around my favourite park, Bryant Park where they had this huge Xmas market set up. Funny thing was, the Canadian government sponsored a bunch of booths, there was a no-name band (but pretty good) and a Lounge with ice wine tastings (what else) plus a chef from Niagara on the Lake doing a demo. It was just a little weird seeing Canadian culture on display, it's like what do we have to offer?

I love Christmas in New York because there's so much holiday spirit - there's the outdoor markets, of course, but also every park has a big decorated Christmas tree, the trees on Columbia campus are covered in lights, everyone's out shopping... it's great. And there's so many events, besides the Grand Central show, there's also a holiday train show at the botanical gardens (for kids, I guess) and skating at Rockefeller.

2 comments:

June & Yusuf said...

Hey Adrian! Shopping is already a fun-filled activity, but shopping in NYC AND a good deal? That's just heavenly ;) Merry Xmas (although I won't be seeing you...)

Anonymous said...

nice shoes hope you find more of those bargain before you return to Toronto with your mom an dad.

dad