Greetings,
Welcome to my humble blog! I know I'm quite the dinosaur (till now I didn't have an iPod and i only recently touched a friend's Blackberry) so this is all new to me. I've kept a journal all my life but I'm not used to airing out my thoughts to one and all, so this at first feels both narcissistic and indulgent. Also i'm feeling an odd urge to be funny.
So, it's 2 days till I make the big move to NYC. My wordly possessions are in little piles on my basement floor. Tip for moving - no boxes, but bags - you can fit more that way. and that's gonna be a major factor considering me and my parents and my brother are driving down in one Honda CRV. haha, our hatred for vans has caught up with us.
At this point all this prep - packing, booking a hotel in NYC, changing my address, etc - is getting to me and I just want to get up & go! I can't wait to see my place - a studio apartment on campus that will probably be the size of a matchbox. But it'll be my own place for the next 10 months in (arguably) the most exciting city in the world. I will buy groceries, I will tour museums, I'll gobble up the diverse streetfood (gyros, pretzels, roasted nuts...!) and... oh yeah, go to my LLM classes ;)
It's the beginning of an interesting year!
No comments:
Post a Comment