I intended to write something before I left NY, but alas, no such luck. Up till the last moment, I had to make a last-minute dash to Macy’s (not for myself, believe me!), catch lunch with my good friend Anna, and pack like mad. Thank goodness Junie brought an extra duffel bag, after our Woodbury trip I definitely needed it, and who knew I had so many pairs of shoes?! haha. I made the mistake of throwing away the ice cream first, and so when I moved the garbage bag I dragged a big puddle of melted chocolate ice cream with me - !
The last few days in NY were emotional but enjoyable. With Junie we did Soho, Central Park, checked out the Met and the MOMA gift shop (that is a swell shop – though I will always have a special place in my heart for the Jackson Pollocks in the permanent collection), Bouchon Bakery of course (I had the heavenly grilled cheese one, last time!) and Serendipity 3 with my friends. We did a good job picking our small, in-between meals – like quick, refreshing salads at au bon pain before catching our Broadway shows, a standard but good Mexican platter at Woodbury (I actually really like that place) and big pieces of meat at Mesa Grill as our ‘fancy’ meal of the week.
Speaking of Broadway, we saw two shows, back to back – first, Chicago starring none other than teen-heartthrob of yore, Joey Lawrence! haha – and then Les Miserables, which I saw when I was 10 but barely remembered, it was nice to hear all those familiar songs again (Bring Him Home, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, 2-4-6-0-1…!) We snagged standing-room tickets so they were only $20-25.
In the midst of this fun & touring NY I also had to make time to see friends for the last time and say goodbye. It was weird because I felt like my head had to be in 3 different places – taking my friends to see NY (my friend Otto came too), enjoying my last days in the city, but also having to write goodbye cards & hug people & bid them farewell! I don’t know how to put it… I had an amazing year, I made some great friends, and I had a fantabulous apartment. Seriously, I wish I could hug it.
To Anna, Constance, Louis, Pui, Faisal, Wendy, Amrin, Kelvin, View, Nikhil & many others… thanks for making my year all the more amazing!
The last few days in NY were emotional but enjoyable. With Junie we did Soho, Central Park, checked out the Met and the MOMA gift shop (that is a swell shop – though I will always have a special place in my heart for the Jackson Pollocks in the permanent collection), Bouchon Bakery of course (I had the heavenly grilled cheese one, last time!) and Serendipity 3 with my friends. We did a good job picking our small, in-between meals – like quick, refreshing salads at au bon pain before catching our Broadway shows, a standard but good Mexican platter at Woodbury (I actually really like that place) and big pieces of meat at Mesa Grill as our ‘fancy’ meal of the week.
Speaking of Broadway, we saw two shows, back to back – first, Chicago starring none other than teen-heartthrob of yore, Joey Lawrence! haha – and then Les Miserables, which I saw when I was 10 but barely remembered, it was nice to hear all those familiar songs again (Bring Him Home, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, 2-4-6-0-1…!) We snagged standing-room tickets so they were only $20-25.
In the midst of this fun & touring NY I also had to make time to see friends for the last time and say goodbye. It was weird because I felt like my head had to be in 3 different places – taking my friends to see NY (my friend Otto came too), enjoying my last days in the city, but also having to write goodbye cards & hug people & bid them farewell! I don’t know how to put it… I had an amazing year, I made some great friends, and I had a fantabulous apartment. Seriously, I wish I could hug it.
To Anna, Constance, Louis, Pui, Faisal, Wendy, Amrin, Kelvin, View, Nikhil & many others… thanks for making my year all the more amazing!
3 comments:
I heart you, Adrian!! - Amrin
awww, you are too lovely! thanks for making my year much more worthwhile and enjoyable too =) i'm sure that we'll be seeing each other very soon, afterall, toronto is only an hour away!
That's right, people! TO is a cleaner, safer, and crazier-for-hockey weekend getaway, and only an hour away! ;)
Post a Comment